***Important update for anyone over the age of 70***
On the 3 February, NHS England (London region) announced changes to the way in which Londoners over the age of 70 can access their COVID vaccination. The change has been made to ensure anyone over the age of 70 can get their first COVID vaccination as soon as possible.
Any London resident over the age of 70 who has not yet had their first COVID vaccination can now book online - www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/enter-your-name - or call 119, or they can contact their GP practice directly. An invitation letter is no longer required.
COVID VACCINATION PROGRAMME
The first phase of the NHS COVID-19 vaccination programme has begun. Local people have an important part to play in helping the NHS to deliver the vaccination programme:
• Please do not contact the NHS to seek a vaccine, its staff will contact you
• When the NHS does contact you, please attend your booked appointments
• We are asking the public not to contact the NHS to get an appointment until they are asked.
You can find all the key public information here, including information on who can get the vaccination, why some people will need to wait, and a collection of PHE leaflets.
Please continue to follow the recommended guidance including regularly washing your hands, wearing a mask and keeping a safe distance.
This is going to be a long-term vaccination programme and it will likely take until at least Spring before all high-risk groups have been offered a COVID-19 vaccine.
Help us control the virus and save lives.
COVID VACCINATION CLINIC VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
The Bromley GP Alliance are rolling out COVID-19 vaccination clinics across Bromley in the next few weeks. They are looking for volunteers to act as marshal stewards and meeting patients.
If you would like to volunteer, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org . A member of the team will get back in touch to explain what is involved.
Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 Vaccinations in Bromley - February 2021 update
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NHS advice for patients in 32 language
- Check if you or your child has coronavirus symptoms
- Self-isolation and treatment if you have coronavirus symptoms
- Testing and tracing for coronavirus
- People at higher risk from coronavirus
- Social distancing and changes to everyday life
- Response to the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccine information