What is a Friend of CPCT?
A Friend must be a person interested in what is happening in the local community; interested in the work of and sharing the values and goals of Crystal Palace Community Trust.
Do I have to pay?
What are the benefits of being a Friend?
- You will be on our Friends list and will receive by email 3 newsletters per year which will include a timetable of all our regular classes and services and a What’s On guide of events in our two current dedicated project spaces, at Anerley Town Hall and the Kingswood Community Shop, and also any of our activities elsewhere. We will communicate with you via your email address; if not applicable correspondence will be sent to your postal address. We will review the mailing list every two years, any non-active Friends will be asked if they want to remain as Friends.
- You will have the opportunity to volunteer your time on the Trust’s Projects.
What is a Member of CPCT?
- Membership is open to any individual or organisation with a local interest who share the values and goals of, and wish to promote and support the work of the Trust.
- Members must be prepared to accept the legal responsibilities of a Member outlined below.
- We will communicate with you via your email address; if not applicable correspondence will be sent to your postal address.
Responsibilities and Duties of a Member
- Guarantee that if the Company is dissolved while they remain a Member, or within 12 months afterwards, to pay towards the costs of dissolution and the liabilities incurred by the Company. Currently, this liability is limited to £1 (One Pound) but this could be changed at any time depending on how the finances of the Trust develop.
- Commit to attend a minimum of 2 public meetings per year including our Annual General Meeting (AGM) where local issues will be discussed and recorded, and where appropriate proposed actions voted on
- Give written notice of resignation if they no longer wish to be a Member for any reason.
Benefits of being a Member
Members are guardians of the Trust’s constitution and therefore:
- You will be invited to our AGM and any EGMs regarding the strategic future of the Trust and have the right to vote
- You can play a meaningful role in supporting your local community
- You can contribute to the Trusts projects and future development
- You will be consulted on any major changes that we intend to make that may affect our beneficiaries and stakeholders
- You will be invited to events
- You will receive three electronic newsletters per year
Please note The Directors may refuse an application for Membership if, in their opinion, it is in the best interests of the Company
If you'd like Organisational Membership instead, please click here.